"If it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you! I'm all about creating good habits. I am out here to make a difference"
Lee Jones - Head coach / Owner
D.O.B - 17/10/1989
Nationality - English
A licence Coach
Born - Chester, United Kingdom
Originate - North Wales
Position - Right back / Wing 2,7
Teams played for
- Hakoah FC (NPL1) Current
- Northbridge FC 22-24yrs
- Llandudno FC 22yrs
- Rhyl FC 21yrs
- Flint Town United 20-21yrs
- Cefn Druids 19-20yrs
- Wrexham FC 15-19yrs
- Represented wales at U16/U17 level
- Everton FC 7-15yrs
- Flint and Bagillt Juniors 4-7yrs
I first started out at a younge age, kicking the ball since I was 2 years old with my dad. My first ever team was a local side called 'Flint & Bagillt Wanderers' where my dad Terry was the manager. I had 2 years at Flint & Bagillt before I was scouted by Everton FC at the age of 7. I spent 4 years at Everton FC Academy and to this day I still remember the quality of players I played with and the high standard of coaching. When I was 11 I then moved on to Wrexham AFC where I spent 8 years of my career.
I was honoured to have played for my county from the age of 11 to 16 Flintshire School Boys, which led me to represent my regional squad for 4 years, travelling and playing in Europe.
I was also extremely honoured to represent my country (wales) at the age of 16 and 17 and also played and captained Cefn Druids in the highest league in wales.
My biggest experience was playing week in week out for Wrexham AFC who at the time were in league 1 in the English tier. At the age of 16 and 17 I was vice captain of the youth team and also played regularly reserve team football. At the age of 18 I was honoured to captain Wrexham Youths in the ever famous "youth cup" which was played at all the top grounds in England. One season we made 4th round and played Southhampton at St Maries, Where I played against Gareth Bale and Adam Lallana (pictured below).
I have worked with some truly amazing coaches throughout my career, Joey Jones who was the reserve coach at Wrexham and he is an ex Liverpool FC player and wales International who has also won the champions league!
Steve Cooper and I spent 6 years together throughout my career. Through Steve, dedication and hard work he quickly became academy director at Wrexham AFC an then later moved on to Liverpool FC Academy director and also managed the youth team. He is currently the England under 16 national team manager. Along with Steve I was managed for 2 full seasons under Darren Ferguson (son of Sir Alex Ferguson) many lessons were learnt under his leadership that shaped both my playing and coaching career.
Lee Jones Coaching CV
- At the age of 16 I completed my Leaders award Certificate with my local club Flint Town FC
- I also completed my UEFA C licence in 2008 as a Youth Player at Wrexham AFC.
- By the time I was 19 I had completed my UEFA B Licence.
- At 19 I became academy director of Rhyl FC Academy whereby I managed my coaching staff and also coached Rhyl FC under 14s and 11s. My tasks within this position was to drive the academy to its highest level, we had teams from under 8 right through to under 19 level. Rhyl FC Academy is still going better than ever and I would like to think I played a big part in growing the academy.
- I took my under 14s at Rhyl Academy to play in an International tournament in France (Hazebrook), within our first entrance to this tournament my under 14s went on to win. We cleaned up with all the trophies including best coach award for myself. (pictured below) Rhyl FC still compete in this tournament today!
- I am also a qualified teacher where I tought and managed a project within Rhyl FC called 'Strikers'. Whilst also being a coach within the academy, my full time job was working with the unemployed, ex offenders, ex drug & alcohol users and the disabled. My main goal was to help them gain or return back to work by using the power of football. I would help them with CV writing, interview skills and mainly confidence building. At the end of every lesson I used to take my class for a football session which was their favourite part of the day, this helped them build confidence and improve their fitness and lifestyle.
- I have also coached at one of my former clubs Llandudno FC just before coming out to Australia. where I played a coach/player role.
- On moving to move to Australia I was honoured to be offered a full time coaching role within one of the biggest clubs in Sydney, Northbridge FC. I have worked with some talented players at northbridge, coaching the under 14 boys and a super talented under 11 girls. With my under 11 girls reaching 2 consecutive finals in the Kanga Cup and my under 14 boys winning the league last season and also reaching 2 consecutive grand finals. Also at northbridge I have designed a specific program aimed at 2 to 5 years olds called 'Bilbies', which is now ran 3 times a week! Bilbies is specifically for beginners so they can get their first taste of soccer.
- I have experience with coaching both boys and girls all of all ages.
- I have experience coaching top elite players from the A-League, W League and elite players from around the world. I have also played against and with some top players in my career.
"He was a valued member of the squad playing mainly as a forward but he is a versatile player and was able to play in midfield or defence. The team was successful in winning the North Wales and the national Tom Yeoman Shield for all association in Wales. Lee played a great role in this success.”
Manager of Flintshire PSFA
“Lee can play either full back or centre half and is more than competent at all techniques relevant to play in these positions. Lee is an excellent passer of the ball, short or long. He is aggressive in the tackle, superb in the air and always gives 110%. In addition, Lee has always been punctual, reliable and a very well-liked member of the squad”
Head of Youth
England Under 16 National Head Coach
“Lee holds a UEFA B licence which proved invaluable to our academy and community football. His sessions are organised and professional, the kids looked up to him and wanted to learn as he made the sessions fun. He had a very likeable personality; I have no doubt in saying he will be an asset to any club.”
General Manager of Llandudno FC